We all know that Instagram is the showreel of our lives. We upload the best images we click on instagram but most of them are clicked from our phones which don’t always have the best cameras.
Instagram’s compression along with low resolution images clicked from phone cameras is a recipe for total disaster and if you want to know how to view full-size photos on Instagram and potentially save them to your device then read on.
In this guide, we are going to take a look at how you can view Instagram photos in full size on your device. So, without further ado, let’s jump right in.
On the Instagram app, you can zoom into images but the resolution still remains relatively low. You can’t see full size DPs either in the app but using one of the methods we will outline, you will be able to view full size instagram pictures easily on your device.
6 Best Ways to View Full-Size Instagram Photos
There are multiple ways in which you can view full-size instagram photos but the best ways to view full-size Instagram photos are:
How to View Full-Size Instagram Photos on Desktop
- Open instagram on your device using chrome and login to your account.
- Now, navigate to the account of the user who’s image you wish to view in higher resolution using the search.
- Once you find the picture in their account, click on it to enlarge it.
- Now go to the URL bar and add “/media/?size=l” after the last letter in the URL.
For example, if the URL for your image is:
After adding the modifier, it should look like this:
- The higher resolution image will open in the browser window (If it exists).
- You will now also be able to right click on it and save the image.
This is one of the easiest ways to view full-size Instagram photos but you need to use it on a desktop. You can also try the same method on a mobile browser by requesting desktop site but your mileage may vary as not all phone browsers support this feature.
Pro tip – Replace Size=l with m for medium and t for thumbnail size
How to View Multiple Instagram Photos in Full Size
This method is a bit more complicated than the previous one but it allows you to view multiple full size instagram pictures.
- Open the account where the pictures are using Chrome browser.
- Once you find an image, click on it and then click F12 this will open the developer tools.
- Click on the window that says sources then click on the 3 vertical dots and select Group by folders.
- Now scroll down till you see multiple files with a green thumbnail beside them, click on them and find the images you wish to save.
- Once you find then, right click on them and click on save or click on open in new tab if you wish to just view them in the browser.
This is another method to see full-size Instagram photos in your browser itself. The method is fairly easy but relatively complicated.
Use ThumbTube Instagram Profile Picture Downloader and Viewer
If you wish to see someone’s display picture in higher resolution or download their image to use for a surprise then you can do so by using ThumbTube which is an Instagram profile picture viewer.
- Go to ThumbTube.
- On the page, type the exact username of the person who’s DP you wish to see in high resolution.
- A couple of seconds later the image will appear which you will be able to either view or download as you see fit.
If you get an error or it says that username is not found then that means that the user has not uploaded a high quality image and hence you can’t View Instagram photos in full size. You can also try this website called InstaDP which may be able to get you a semi-usable quality image.
Use GramSave Instagram Photo Downloader to Download Instagram Photos
Gramsave allows you to save photos, IGTV videos, stories as well as highlights for any account. The account needs to be public though to use the website.
- Go to Gramsave.
- Copy the post URL or search for the username from the website.
- Select the image you wish to download.
- Once the processing is complete you will be able to view the media files and even download them.
This is another easy way to download instagram photos and videos on your device.
Use Instant DP Android App for Full-Size Instagram Photos
If you wish to download instagram DP of someone and you don’t want to use any website then you can simply download this app on your android device and view full-size instagram photos and DP.
- Download InstantDP and open the app.
- Search using the username and once the list populates click on the profile who’s DP you want.
- If you just wish to view the DP then click on the thumbnail and full size image will open.
- You can also click on the download button in the full view to download the image so it saves to your gallery.
This method should answer your question, how to view full-size photos on Instagram in Instant DP app.
Use Qeek For Instagram iOS App for Full Size Instagram Photos
If you are an Apple user and wish to view full size DPs on your device then Qeek is a great app that you can use to see full-size Instagram photos and DPs.
- Download Qeek for Instagram.
- Open the app and search for the username from the home page.
- Once the account is found, click on it to view full size DP.
- You can also zoom into it using this app but unfortunately, you can’t download it.
- If you wish to save the image, you can screenshot the DP which won’t be the full resolution but still be relatively high quality.
This is a great way to view full size instagram pictures on iOS that you can use.
How to See Instagram Photos in Full Size
A quick tip, the maximum upload size allows by instagram is 1080 x 1080 pixels so that will be the maximum size you will be able to view and download in.
We hope that by using these methods you will be able to view full-size Instagram photos, videos, stories, and other media types. I hope your question, how to view full-size photos on Instagram? Is satisfactorily answered.
If you have any more questions or just want a techie to talk to you know how you can reach us (Pss.. It’s through the comments)