Do you want to speed up Windows 10? Learn how to make windows 10 faster and improve its performance. See the top 8 methods to make Windows 10 run faster
As we all know, Windows 10 operating system is finally available for laptops and desktop computers. The latest Windows operating system is having many new features and improvements over the earlier versions of Windows. If you were using the genuine version of Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 operating system, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
There is no doubt, a lot of amazing features and additions are included in Windows 10. However, you can get better experience on Windows 10 by making it faster and improving its performance.
In today’s Windows 10 guide, we are going to explain you top 8 methods which will help you to make Windows 10 run faster without using any third-party software. We hope, you will find these step by step tips and tricks to speed up Windows 10 PC useful for you.
How To Make Windows 10 Run Faster
Normally, the slow performance of your computer depends on various factors such as: your browser has too many extensions or add-ons, you are using overzealous antivirus program, your hard drive is failing regularly, you’re running too many programs at once, you have too many startup programs, your computer has a virus or malicious adware programs, your hard drive is 90% full etc.
If you have took care of all these things on your Windows 10 PC but still your computer is performing very slow then you need to apply these below explained methods to speed up Windows 10 PC and make Windows 10 run faster:
Method 1: Disable Windows 10 Animations
The first thing which you can do to make windows 10 run faster is disabling windows 10 animations. There are a lot of animations preinstalled in Windows 10 operating system, so disabling the animations in Windows 10 will definitely help you to speed up windows 10.
- First of all, open Run Command dialog box by pressing Win+ R and type sysdm.cpl then press Enter.
- You will see System Properties dialog box. Go to Advanced tab and click on Settings button which is located under the performance column to open the Visual Effects settings.
- Now from the Visual Effects tab, select Custom settings and start disabling Windows 10 animations.
In Windows 10, the animation is one of the most responsible things that make PC performance slow. So, once you disabled the animation in Windows 10 then you will be able to make Windows 10 run faster.
Method 2: Disable Windows 10 Startup Programs
When you login to your Windows 10 computer, a lot of applications will automatically launch. You can disable those startup programs as it will help you in booting your Windows 10 PC faster. Here’s how to disable Windows 10 startup programs:
- At first, open Task Manager on your PC by right-clicking at the blank area on the taskbar, and choose Task Manager from the context menu.
- On the Task Manager, go to Startup tab to see all the startup programs which will open as soon as Windows is booted.
- Now, select the programs which you want to disable and right click on them then select disable option.
It’s always advisable to keep only needed applications as the startup programs. Once you successfully disabled the unwanted startup programs in Windows 10, you will feel a little faster experience on your PC the next time you boot. You can also follow these two methods to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10
Method 3: Disable Third Party Services
There are a lot of third party services which are installed by default in Windows 10. If you want to make windows 10 faster and improve its performance, you have to disable all the third party services.
- Firstly, open Run dialog box by pressing Win+ R and type msconfig then press Enter.
- The system configuration tab will open. Now, go to Services tab.
- All the services which are running on your PC will be present here. Select all the unnecessary third party services which is you want to disable and click on Disable option.
Method 4: Stop using the Apps Which Needs More Memory
If the apps which you are using are consuming a lot of memory it means your PC will run slower. The next step in our guide of how to make Windows 10 run faster includes stop using the apps which are taking a lot of memory.
Open Task Manager and you will see all the apps which are running and the amount of memory consumed by each application. Select the apps which are eating a lot of memory and stop them. This will surely make Windows 10 faster. You can also follow this tutorial to free up disk space on your Windows 10 computer: How to Free Up Disk Space on Windows 10 Computer
Method 5: Disable Windows Search Indexing
With Windows 10, you can easily search anything you want to. To get the precise results, Windows 10 indexes all the files which are stored on your PC. You can stop Windows indexing as it will speed up computer Windows 10 impressively. Here’s how to disable Windows search indexing in Windows 10
- Open Run command window by pressing Win +R and type services.msc then press Enter.
- From the Service window, find Windows search option and right click on it and then select Properties.
- On Windows search properties dialog-box, open the drop-down menu of Startup Type and then select disabled there.
We have already explained it in details with the methods to make Windows 10 start menu open faster, you can check from here about disabling Windows search indexing in Windows 10 PC.
Method 6: Manage Windows 10 Power Plan Settings
If you want to make computer faster and improve its work performance then you must check the power plans which come with your PC. There are different power plans which you can check and make changes as mentioned below:
- First of all, open Control Panel and then go to Hardware and Sound option.
- Now, you have to open Power Options. Select High Performance plan to make Windows 10 faster.
Selecting High Performance power plan in Windows 10 might use up more battery power, but it is completely optimized for better performance. So please, don’t worry.
Method 7: Defragment Hard Disk
All users should defragment hard disk from time to time as it will help to speed up computer Windows 10. You can use the Windows 10 defragmentation tool which you can open by entering defrag in the Start menu.
Once the tool is opened click on Optimize button to start the defragment hard disk in Windows 10.
Method 8: Install all Updates
The last step which includes our guide of how to make computer fasters is installing all the Windows updates. Always install all the latest updates which are available for Windows 10 PC. Don’t use fancy antivirus programs as they eat a lot of resources. The default security programs are fine for protection of your Windows 10 computer.
So, these are the top 8 methods which will help you to make Windows 10 run faster. We hope you are having good experience with your PC after following these useful tips and tricks to speed up Windows 10 computer.
Please, feel free to share with us through comment section below – Are you using any other methods to make your Windows 10 faster? Or, which tips and tricks you will apply to make Windows 10 run faster and improve its performance?