Learn what is the best alternative for internet download manager? List of top 10 best free internet download manager alternatives, Download free internet download manager alternative for faster downloading
One of the best and most powerful software’s available out there for downloading anything off the internet is “Internet Download Manager“.
Basically, Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a shareware download manager which helps you to increase download speeds excellently by up to 5 times, resume and schedule downloads. The software comes with easy user interface and allows users to download at maximum fast speeds.
The resume feature of this plugin allows users to pause and start the downloads from where they were left off. Or, simply we can say that the comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will easily restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost internet connections, network connection problems, accidentally computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages etc.
The most valuable thing is that Internet Download Manager has NO spyware or adware inside of it and it supports proxy servers, FTP and HTTP protocols, firewalls, redirects, cookies, authorization, MP3 audio and MPEG video content processing.
IDM (internet download manager) has a great integration with almost all popular web browsers to automatically handle your downloads, some of them are: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, MSN Explorer, AOL, Opera, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firebird, Avant Browser, MyIE2 etc.
The latest version of Internet Download Manager is perfectly compatible with almost all Microsoft Windows operating system including Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, and XP etc. Here are some noticeable features which you’ll experience after internet download manager free download full version:
- It divides downloads into multiple streams for faster downloading.
- Allows you to do batch downloads
- Import/Export download jobs
- Auto/manual updating of download address
- Can schedule download and resume the interrupted download.
- Recent downloads list for easy access to directories
- Video downloading from various video streaming sites
- Integration with all popular web browsers
- Compatible with all versions of Windows
- Contains NO spyware or adware
- Simple and quick installation process
- Dynamic segmentation throughout the downloading process
- Protocols: HTTP, FTP, HTTPS, MMS and Microsoft ISA
- Authentication protocols: Basic, Negotiate, NTLM, and Kerberos allowing for storage and auto-authentication of usernames and passwords.
There is only one catch with this well-renowned software and that is it is not available for free (30-day trial version). You have to pay for this software in order to use it. But there is no need to be worried because some very useful Internet download manager alternatives are available on the web which you can use for free of cost. Have a look at some of the best alternatives for internet download manager.
Related tips you might like »»
Top 10 Best Internet Download Manager Alternatives
We hope, after reading all above mentioned information related IDM, you will have perfectly learned: what is internet download manager? What are exclusive features and importance of internet download manager? etc. So, if you are really excited to use all the awesome internet download manager features but don’t want to invest your money to get full-featured IDM version then using free internet download manager alternatives is the most appropriate choice for you.
In this guide, we have gathered some of the most popular alternatives for internet download manager which offers almost similar download speed and downloading features. Let’s check out at the list of top 10 best free internet download manager alternatives:
(1) Internet Download Accelerator
The first software which makes to our list of best free Internet download manager alternatives is “Internet Download Accelerator“. Internet Download Accelerator is an award-winning download manager that offers great downloading speed, resuming broken downloads, and management of downloaded files. Using this software, you can split the files which you want to download and also use the resume feature which will allow you to pause the download and continue from where you left off.
Internet Download Accelerator integrates with Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, Netscape, Safari, Yandex.Browser, Vivaldi and all other web browsers too. It supports multiple languages and fairly compatible with all versions of Windows (Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/2012/2008/2003/2000/NT). Some of the most attractive features of Internet Download Accelerator are:
- Intuitive, user-friendly, and customizable user interface
- Download lists support with rich sorting options
- Fast Update – check for availability of new versions of the program;
- Dynamic multi-threaded download
- Resumes broken downloads from where they left off from both HTTP, HTTPS and FTP servers
- Scheduled operation, PC shutdown, sleep or stand-by after completing download
- Support for download mirrors. Searching for and adding download mirrors
- Ability to download video and mp3 from popular video services; new
- Power and useful tool for management of download categories;
- Work with ZIP archives and RAR archives
- Integration with anti-virus programs
- Download speed control, automatic mode for the most comfortable browsing on the Web
JDownloader is the next software which makes to our list of Internet download manager alternatives. The software is available for free and is compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems. All the features which are present in Internet Download Manager are also available in JDownlaoder, which makes it one of the best IDM alternatives.
Simply it’s a best free open-source download management tool that allows you to start, stop or pause downloads, set bandwidth limitations, auto-extract archives and much more things too. Here are some of the best features available in JDownloader:
- Supports multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac, ..)
- Runs on Java 1.5 or higher
- Complete Open-Source (GPL)
- Download several files at once
- Download with multiple connections
- JD has an own powerful OCR module
- Automatic extractor (including password list search) (Rar archives)
- Multilingual functions and awesome theme support
- About 110 hoster and over 300 decrypt plug-ins
- Reconnect with JDLiveHeaderScripts: (1400 router supported)
- Integrated package manager for additional modules (eg. Web interface, Shutdown)
(3) Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)
Download Accelerator Plus is a free Internet download manager alternatives which have around a million users already. The software comes with a user-friendly interface and is fast as compared to Internet download manager which is the reason that it is one of the best Internet download manager alternative.
If you are looking for fastest free download accelerator then Download accelerator plus is the most suitable choice for you. Some top features of Download Accelerator Plus are:
- Download Speed: download files as fast as possible
- Search for the fastest download sources and switch the sites while downloading
- Continue broken or paused downloads
- Easily download videos from YouTube, Metacafe, Dailymotion and other video sites
- Download videos from YouTube and convert to MP3 music files
- See what leading anti-viruses say about your file
- Make sure your download files are safe before opening them
- Remove download traces from your computer.
- View info about your file before you download it
(4) Orbit Downloader
Making next to our list if best internet download manager alternatives are Orbit Downloader. If you want to download videos from Youtube you can use orbit downloader as there is a plugin available of this software which will allow you to download videos from famous Tube websites.
The software is available for free for Windows and mac users. The purpose of Orbit Downloader is to make general downloading easier and faster, and it is perfectly doing that. Here’s the list of some useful features of Orbit Downloader:
- Download social music, social video, and streaming media
- Extreme download acceleration.
- Super Light: micro-sized and resource-friendly
- Support RapidShare download.
- Supports multiple web browser like IE, Firefox, Maxthon, Opera.
- Perfect support of Metalink download.
- Support HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, MMS, RTSP and RTMP protocols.
- Support Proxy server configuration.
- Support download pause and resume.
- Simple and easy to use general download management.
(5) Freerapid Downloader
If you are looking for a free internet download manager alternatives, you need to give a try to Freerapid Downloader. The software has all the features which are present in internet download manager and the best part is you will be able to use all these features for free. If you loved the software, you can support the developers by making a donation.
FreeRapid Downloader is available for both platform (Windows, and Mac) and comes with various interesting fast downloading features. Here are the main features of FreeRapid Downloader:
- Support for concurrent downloading from multiple services
- Downloading using proxy list
- Support for streamed videos or pictures
- Smart clipboard monitoring
- Automatic checking for file’s existence on server
- Auto shutdown options
- Automatic plugins updates
- Simple CAPTCHA recognition
- Compatible with all Microsoft Windows operating system, and Mac OS
- Multilanguage interface English, Bulgarian, Czech, Finnish, Portugal, Slovak, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese and many others.
(6) FlashGet Downloader
FlashGet Downloader is also a popular software like internet download manager which comes with some extra features. Once you have downloaded all the files using FlashGet downloader, the software will scan these files and will check for any antiviruses or malware’s.
FlashGet downloader also supports downloading from websites like Youtube, Vimeo etc. If you want to know, what features does FlashGet Downloader for fast downloading then here are the list:
- Optimize the system resource
- Call anti-virus automatically to clean viruses, spyware and adware after finishing download.
- Easy to install and use (No adware and spyware)
- Increase the download speed and stability
- Supports HTTP,FTP,BT,MMS,RTSP and other protocols.
- The powerful management feature can support drag and drop, adding and description, search, rename, etc.
Mipony is a very simple free download manager specially designed to optimize and automate the downloads. There are two versions of this software available. First one is the free version which you can download for free and the second one is the premium one which comes with some extra features like downloading big size files.
The software is designed in a way that all the download process can be automated. You can download free Internet download manager alternative one as all the basic features are covered in the free version. Mipony is available for all the devices (Windows, Mac, and Android). Some of the most useful Mipony features are:
- It accesses the web where the file is hosted
- It performs the necessary attempts automatically until the file is downloaded.
- It has an embedded browser from where the download links are detected.
- Automatic update of the database with the sites supported
- Android remote client to control Mipony remotely
- Captcha plugins for Mipony (Imagetyperz.com, Captcha Brotherhood, Imagedecoders, 9kw.eu)
(8) Video Grabber
The software is ideal for people who watch a lot of videos online and want to download and keep them with themselves. Video Grabber supports all the online video websites and will help you in easy video downloads. The support for video downloads is the reason that this makes to our list of free internet download manager alternatives.
Video Grabber allows you to save video from any web browsers like with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. Here are some important features and functions of Video Grabber:
- Fully compatible with all latest Windows operating system
- Grab videos from an array of supported sites.
- Screen recorder included to record screen activities.
- Convert videos and audio files to a format of your choice.
- Save your time to download videos in bulk
(9) Go!Zilla Download Manager
The next software which makes our list of best free internet download manager alternatives is Go!Zilla Download Manager. If you are having a slow speed internet connection then you should try this software as this software like internet download manager will tweak the settings and will deliver good download speeds.
It is also perfectly compatible with Windows 7, Vista & XP or Windows 2000, NT, ME, 98, or 95. Following features of Go!Zilla Download Manager will attract your attention:
- No more lost files, easily see what is in progress and find your finished downloads.
- Get a file from several servers at once for faster download speeds.
- Resume from lost connections, crashes, reboots, etc.
- Works within your web browser to make downloading simple.
- Quickly grab batches of files from a web site, ftp server, or even a podcast.
- Includes download technology used by millions of people all over the world to download Billions of files.
- Works with any Internet connection: modem, Wireless, DSL, Cable, Satellite, or anything else.
- Go!Zilla contains no Adware or bundled add-ons.
- Supports HTTP, FTP, BitTorrent, HTTPS, FTPS protocols; and Internet Explorer, FireFox, Opera, Mozilla, and Netscape browsers.
(10) GetRight Download Manager
GetRight Download Manager is the last software which makes our list of best free IDM alternatives. All the downloads which you will perform with this software will be done via multiple sources which will get you the best download speed.
Simply, you can say that GetRight is a free download manager that effectively improves and optimizes the files you download from the Internet. Some valuable features of this download manager are:
- Accelerate downloads by getting files from several servers at once.
- Recover downloads that are interrupted for any reason – lost connections, crashes, etc.
- No more lost files, easily see what is in progress and find your finished downloads.
- Advanced downloading technology for both the novice and the expert!
- Supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS, and BitTorrent.
- Supports FireFox, Internet Explorer, & Opera browsers.
- Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98 & 95.
- Works within your web browser to make downloading a snap, but with easy access to advanced features for power users.
So, these are the best free internet download manager alternatives. By using these well-known alternatives for internet download manager, you will get all the attractive features which are available in Internet download manager. Stay connected with us to receive the more guides on “internet download manager free download full version”.
Please, feel free to let us know using the comments section below – Which download manager program are you using to download free movies? Have you used any download manager software like internet download manager? Which are your favorite internet download manager alternatives?
Gerry Green says
No Internet Download Manager ever increased my download speed, ever. The speed I get when downloading a file or movie is determined by my ISP and the speed of my internet connection, not by any download manager. If I download a single using Windows 7 inbuilt download manager I achieve the same download speed as I get when I download that file with a third party download manager. Where third party download managers do help is in managing downloads something the Win 7 download manager does not do.
For instance, if I have several downloads then it is useful to use a third party download manager, I can determine how many files are to be downloaded at any given time and to shut my system down when completed. What I can do with regard to the download speed is limit the bandwitdth used for downloading and so limit the download speed, what I cannot do is increase the speed any more than is supplied to me by my ISP.