Do you live with judgemental people and want to hide apps like tinder? Here are 4 different ways on how to hide apps on Android (apps like tinder) securely.
When it comes to maintaining your privacy on your smartphone, sooner or later, many of you desire to learn how to hide apps like Tinder on Android or how to hide apps on Android without rooting. Isn’t it?
Well, our phones are usually very private devices that we don’t allow others to play around with. But there are certain situations like showing a nice picture you click of relatives to them or showing a product on Amazon to your mother where we just can’t avoid handing our phone to someone. And if they are like the people I know, they will tend to look around your phone for potential controversial things like apps (dating apps like Tinder or Bumble) or images you don’t want others to see.
In such a case, how can you quickly hide apps on your Android devices? Do you want to learn how to hide apps on Android (apps like Tinder) so that you can hand over your phone to anyone completely stress-free?
There are ways to lock certain apps using app lock if you wish to keep the app icons available but the content behind a security wall. This can be cumbersome and they will judge you anyway, so it is better to just hide apps in Android which you don’t want people to have access to.
How to Hide Apps on Android (Apps Like Tinder)
As we discussed earlier, hiding certain apps are quite necessary in some situations. Specifically, when you live with your family, you often need to hide some apps from others. But you shouldn’t worry about it now, because there are multiple ways to hide apps like Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid, or any location-based social application and they are fairly effective too.
In order to hide apps on Android without disabling, all you need to do is follow one of these methods. So now what are you waiting for, go ahead and learn how to hide apps on Android (apps like Tinder) devices. Here we go:
Method 1: Hide Apps on Android using the Guest Mode
Android allows you to have multiple user profiles on your phone similar to Windows on PC. You can set up a guest profile that will hide all your activities on the primary account. Once you turn on guest mode, your phone essentially turns into a brand new device and the guest user doesn’t have access to any of your personal data.
If you wanted to learn how to hide apps on Android without launcher then this is the most appropriate solution for you. Enabling guest mode on Android devices is a very simple task, only a few steps you have to follow are:
- At first, go to Settings > System > Advanced option.
- Under the Advanced settings, tap on Multiple Users or Users option.
- Now you’ll find multiple accounts. Your account will be the “Admin” account and another default account would be the “Guest” account.
- Tap on the Guest account and your phone will go into the guest mode which is essentially the state in which you first booted the phone up.
Once your Android device is in the Guest mode, all the third-party apps you have installed will be completely hidden. This way, anyone won’t be able to see any of the apps, photos, files, chats, etc. that you have on your Admin account.
And when you want to exit Guest mode, you can simply pull down the notification drawer and then tap on the user icon which will prompt you to change the user and or Remove guest. Once you exit the guest mode, the session will be deleted and all guest data will be cleared.
This is how you can easily hide apps like Tinder on Android devices. Do note though that every device has a different way to go into guest mode. Xiaomi uses the option known as second space whereas other manufacturers may have a different moniker.
Method 2: Hide Apps in Android using Nova Launcher (Free and Paid)
A blank phone may make the person using your phone suspicious and we don’t really want any suspicions anyway, do we? If you want to simply hide apps like Tinder from the app drawer then Nova Launcher is a great solution for you.
Follow these simple steps and learn how to hide apps on Android (apps like Tinder) using Nova Launcher Prime:
- At first, download Nova Launcher Prime from the Play Store. (Get the Pro Version for a couple of dollars. It is completely worth it.)
- After installing it on your Android device, set Nova Launcher as your default launcher.
- Next, long press on the Home Screen and then tap on the Settings when it appears.
- Under the Nova Settings, tap on the App and widget drawers option.
- In the App and widget drawers menu, scroll down to the bottom and tap on Hide Apps option.
- From the Hide Apps menu, select the apps that you wish to hide. For example, here we are hiding the Tinder, Timbre, and Spotify app.
- All the selected apps will now be hidden from the app drawer and no one will notice them. But in case, if someone searches for them using the search functionality then they will be able to find it.
The above-explained method requires you to have Nova Launcher Prime which I highly recommend you buy as it is the best investment I have personally ever made for my Android devices.
But if you want a free alternative then follow these instructions and learn how to hide apps for Android (apps like Tinder) using the free version of Nova Launcher:
- First of all, go to the Play Store and install the Nova Launcher app.
- After the installation, open the app drawer and long press on the app you wish to hide.
- Tap on the Edit option when the popup opens.
- You will see the Edit app menu where you can rename the app to something generic that you will remember.
- Next, tap on the app icon and then select the Built-in option when the icon window opens. Now select a generic icon to match the name you chose.
- Once you select it, tap on Done and the name, as well as icon, will be changed.
This is how you can disguise apps like Tinder using Nova Launcher and fool others. I personally highly recommend buying Nova Launcher Prime though.
Method 3: Hide Apps on Android using Apex Launcher
Nova allows you to hide app just from the app drawer or disguise it but if you want it completely hidden then Apex launcher is what you need. This powerful launcher is packaged with plenty of personalized customization features and allows you to hide apps from the app drawer in just a few clicks.
Simply, follow these below explained instructions and you will be able to find out how to hide apps like Tinder on Android using Apex Launcher. Here we go:
- First of all, download and install Apex Launcher on your Android device.
- After the installation, set it as the your default launcher.
- Next, long press on the Home Screen and then tap on the Settings when it appears.
- Under the Apex Settings, scroll down and tap on the Hidden Apps option.
- Next, tap on the Add Hidden Apps button and it will show all your apps. From here, select apps like tinder or any other app that you want to hide.
- After selecting the app, tap on the Hide x App button to hide these apps.
- Now it will ask you to set up a security method (Pattern or Password), select what you feel suits you.
- Once done, in the same menu of Hidden Apps, click on the gear icon and ensure that Show in search results toggle is turned off.
This is how you can easily hide apps in Android devices using Apex launcher. You can access these apps from the same menu where you hid it from. Hiding apps like Tinder on Android phone using this method is completely free, but you may see ads in the launcher itself.
Method 4: Hide Apps for Android using App Hider
You can use app hider to hide any app you wish on Android but what if people see the app hider icon in your App drawer? Well, App Hider allows you to disguise it as a calculator which only unlocks if you input a specific code. Pretty neat, isn’t it?
If you want to hide any app you don’t want others to know then using this app will help you a lot. Also, this app is a perfect answer to your question – how to hide apps on Android without rooting?
In order to learn how to hide apps in Android (apps like Tinder) using App Hider, follow these steps:
- At first, go to the Play Store and install App Hider on your Android device.
- After the installation, open App Hider and then tap on the + icon.
- Now from the Hide or Dual Apps list, select the app you wish to hide (apps like Tinder) and then tap on the Import (Hide / Dual) option.
- Once App Hider clones the selected app successfully, go to your app menu and delete apps you have hidden. (Please keep that in mind, the data will be lost,).
- Now to hide the App Hider itself, open the app and then tap on the Icon Disguise app icon.
- Next, tap on the Setup PIN Now button and enter a 6-digit number as your password and then tap on the Confirm option.
Your app hider shall now be disguised as a calculator or protected in a way that you set up. You will be able to access hidden apps like Tinder within the app hider itself.
Conclusion – How to Hide Apps like Tinder on Android
We hope our guide here helped you hide apps like Tinder on your Android device. My personal pick among all the methods to hide apps for Android mentioned in this guide would be to use Nova Launcher. I would recommend purchasing Nova Launcher Prime too as it is the absolute best launcher out there that you can also use to customize your device.
We hope we have answered all your questions (How to hide apps like Tinder on Android phone, How to hide apps on Android without rooting, and What is the best Android app to hide apps? etc.) satisfactorily.
Let me know in the comments below which method you prefer the most. Also, if you are familiar with any other ways on how to hide apps on Android (apps like Tinder) then feel free to share it with us.
You may also be interested in checking out:
- How to Hide Online Status on WhatsApp while Chatting
- How to Hide Your IP Address and Access Blocked Websites
- How to Hide a File or Folder in Windows 10 / 8 / 7
- How Do You Know If Someone Blocked Your Number on Android
- How to Trace Mobile Number Details with Name & Address