Spotify is one of the most preferred platforms to stream music throughout the world. Spotify boasts of over 215 million monthly active users, which is no mean feat.
There are some people who don’t like Spotify, for one reason or another, and since you are one of them, I am sure you want to know how to delete Spotify account and what is the process of deleting a Spotify account?
So, in this guide, let’s answer those questions and take a look at the process to delete Spotify account permanently in 2020. Let’s dive right in, without any further ado.
Things to Know Before Deleting a Spotify Account.
Before you delete Spotify account permanently, you should know these things.
- Deleting your Spotify account will not cancel your premium subscription and you will keep getting charged unless you cancel your subscription before you delete a Spotify account.
- You will lose any and all your followers on Spotify, if you have any.
- All your playlists will be gone with the wind. Any saved or downloaded songs or anything else in your library will also be lost forever.
- If you have a unique username, you will never be able to use that username ever, even when you make a new account on Spotify.
- You won’t be eligible for the Student discount for the next 12 months.
- You can’t delete your Spotify account on mobile and the only way to delete Spotify account permanently is to contact the customer service at Spotify
- Spotify has a free tier and if you are just tired of paying the fee, then you can cancel your subscription but still keep your Spotify account, which is what I recommend.
Now that you know the consequences of your actions, if you still wish to delete a Spotify account permanently, you can choose to do so.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription?
Spotify has over 100 million active paid subscribers. If you are one of them and want to delete your Spotify account permanently then you should cancel your premium subscription before you delete your account. To do so –
- Go to Spotify’s Website and log in.
- On the top right, you will see Profile. Click on it.
- In profile, click on Account from the drop down.
- Click on Manage plan and then click Change or Cancel.
- You will find a Cancel Premium button, click on it.
- Confirm the cancelation by clicking Yes, Cancel button.
If you followed the method mentioned above to the tee, then your account should be demoted to the free account. You can now proceed to delete your Spotify account.
If you are having issues canceling your premium subscription using the method above, then you can use this method.
- Go to the link and fill out this form.
- Once filled, draft an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach the form and send the email.
After some time, a service representative from Spotify will contact you to confirm your cancelation. So, simply confirm it and they will cancel your premium Spotify.
How to Delete Spotify Account Permanently?
To delete a Spotify account permanently, the user needs to navigate to the customer support page. Please note, you can delete Spotify account only from a desktop or mobile browser and not from the apps. To delete a Spotify account permanently:
- Visit the Support Page and log in to your account using your email or Facebook. Use the same method you used to create the account.
- Click on Account and Choose, I want to close my account.
- The third option will be I want to close my account click on it.
- Confirm that you wish to close the account and click on Close account button.
- You will see the “We’re sad you want to leave us page“. Click on the blue button that says Continue and move through all the 5 steps.
- Confirm the account you wish to delete, once confirmed, click continue.
- You’ll get a page that will outline the consequences of deleting the Spotify account. Click continue.
- You will get to the last page where once you click continue you will get an email from Spotify. Go to your inbox and open that email.
- In the email, click the button or link and it will take you to the Close My Account page where you must click the green button.
- Make sure you click the link in your email within 24 hours or the link will expire.
Once you follow the process, your Spotify account will be deleted permanently. That’s it. You can now move on with your life.
How Long Does It Take to Delete Spotify Account?
It takes 7 days to completely delete a Spotify account. If you, at any point in those 7 days, choose to reactivate your Spotify account, then you can do it.
Once the 7 day window has elapsed, you won’t be able to reactivate your Spotify account and your Spotify account will be permanently deleted.
How to Delete a Spotify Account Permanently
We hope that by now you have deleted your Spotify account. All your questions such as, how to cancel Spotify premium subscription? How to close your Spotify account? and How to delete a Spotify account permanently? Are answered satisfactorily.
If you have any more questions that you want us to answer, then feel free to drop them in the comments below and we shall help you out.