The times have changed drastically and we all regret saying something in the past which we shouldn’t have. Admit it, we have all sent messages to the wrong people or wrong groups of people at some point which we have regretted later and wished that there was a way to delete messages on messenger.
Fortunately, there now is a way to delete messages on messenger for Facebook. So, if you wanted to learn how to delete messenger messages on Facebook then in this guide we will teach you just that. Sit back and read on to learn how to delete messenger messages on Facebook.
Fun fact: This feature was previously only available to Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook.
How to Delete Messages on Facebook Messenger (Mobile)
On and Android or an Apple device, you can delete Facebook messages sent to anyone with relative ease. To delete messages on messenger –
- Open the Facebook messenger app on your device (Download it if you don’t have it).
- If you wish to delete the entire chat then hold the chat and click on delete chat. You can also hide the chat if you want.
- If it is a specific message that you wish to delete and it has been less than 10 minutes since you sent the message then you can delete that message for everyone.
- To delete the message for everyone, click and hold the message until you see the option to remove. Click on it and then click on remove for everyone to delete the message for everyone in that chat.
Once you delete a message for everyone, the person on the other end will be able to see that you have deleted a message but they won’t be able to see the content of the message.
How to Delete Messenger Messages on Facebook (Desktop)
To delete messages on messenger from a desktop you need to –
- Log in to Facebook as you normally would.
- Click on the messenger icon (The chat bubble) from the top right corner and click on see all in messenger at the bottom left of the window
- If you wish to delete whole conversations then you can click the gear icon that appears after hovering on a chat for a couple of settings and click on delete then when it asks for confirmation click on delete again to get rid of the conversation
- To remove just a single message or to unsend a message you can open the conversation where you wish to delete the message
- Hover your mouse over the message until you see 3 dots beside it
- Then click on remove to remove the message
- If the message is less than 10 minutes old, you will be able to remove it for everyone. If not, you can remove it for yourself.
This is the method that will teach you how to delete messenger messages on Facebook using the desktop.
How to Delete Facebook Messenger Messages
Facebook has a billion monthly active users and is one of the biggest social networking sites and these methods here hopefully teach you how to delete messenger messages.
We hope by now your question, how to delete messages on Facebook messenger on Desktop and Mobile is answered. Got any more questions for us? Shoot them right at us in the comments below.