Do you want to schedule auto shutdown without using any Windows 10 auto shutdown app? Here are 4 best ways on how to auto shutdown Windows 10 laptop or computer.
Let’s face it, often or not we, Windows computer users hate waiting for minutes at the time of opening and shutting down Windows PC. So, to all the tech geeks here who do not like to shut down their PCs manually or forget to Shut down, here is a way out for you.
In this guide, we are going to share 4 easy and best ways to auto shutdown Windows 10 computers. It’s fairly easy, and you don’t need to be an expert to get the job done. Scroll through and learn how to auto shutdown Windows 10 laptops or desktop computers.
4 Best Ways to Auto Shutdown Windows 10 Laptop or Computer
There are four ways following which you can proceed with the Windows 10 auto shutdown. You can use the Command Prompt, Run dialogue box, or Windows Powershell. Last but not the least, you can use the Windows 10 Task Scheduler to set an auto-shutdown on Windows 10 operating systems.
Just go through, all the methods here and choose the one you found easy and convenient. Here we go:
Method 1: How to Auto Shutdown Windows 10 using CMD
As said earlier, you can Auto Shutdown Windows 10 desktop or laptop using the Command Prompt. Here are the steps you need to follow for that.
- First, press Windows logo key type CMD to search for command prompt on your system.
- Now, from the list select the Run as administrator tab at the right side.
- Then, click Yes if asked for additional permission.
- As the command prompt opens, type shutdown -s -t 1200 and press the Enter button on your keyboard.
Note: Here, the number 1200 means 1200 seconds. It represents the time after which your system is going to get shut down automatically.
Method 2: How to Set Auto Shutdown in Windows 10 via Run
- At first, open the Run Dialog box by pressing Windows Logo Key+ R on your keyboard.
- Then, type the following command and click on Run or press the Enter button:
shutdown -s -t 600.
The number 600 represents the time after which your computer will shut down automatically. If you want an early or delayed shut down, you can choose the number of seconds as per your choice.
Another way you can Auto Shutdown your Windows PC is by using the Windows Powershell.
Method 3: How to Automatic Shutdown Windows 10 Using Windows PowerShell
- Firstly, right-click on the Windows Start menu icon at the bottom left of your screen.
- Now, from the list click on Windows Powershell(Admin).
- Then, if you are asked for additional permission click on the Yes button there.
- As the PowerShell window opens, put the similar command you were asked to enter at the previous method.
- Finally, hit the Enter key from your keyboard.
Method 4: How to Auto Shutdown Windows 10 using Task Scheduler
You can use the Task scheduler as well to set an auto-shutdown of your Windows 10 computer. Follow the simple steps here and get the job done quickly,
- Press the Windows logo key and type ‘schedule‘ to search the Task Scheduler app on your PC.
- Now open the Task Scheduler from the search result, and then click on the Create Basic Task… option under the Actions tab at the right pane of the Task Scheduler window.
- Now, enter the name of the task, for example, you can use Auto Shutdown.
- After that, you need to choose the time when you want to start a particular task under the “When do you want the task to start?” tab and then press the Next button there.
- After that, put the date and time when you want the task to be executed and click on the Next button at the bottom of the window.
- Then, click on the Action tab from the left pane under the Create Basic Task Wizard.
- Now, choose the Start a program option and click Next.
- Then, select the Browse button and go to C: WindowsSystem32.
- From the list click on the file shutdown and select Open.
- Then, in the Add arguments field write -s and click the Next button.
- Finally, you can have a look at the Task information. Choose the shutdown time wisely and if you want to proceed with the timing, select Finish.
That’s all folks! Now you have all the required details following which you can Auto Shutdown Windows 10. If you need help any further for any of your issues on Windows 10, do let us know through the comment below. Keep following Zerodollartips for latest troubleshooting methods of different Windows issue.