Is your Action Blocked on Instagram? Do you want to learn how to fix Action Blocked Instagram problem? Here’s how to remove Instagram action blocked error.
Your Instagram action blocked and this frightening error message sending you down a wormhole of self-introspection?
What did you do to get your action blocked on Instagram? What does it mean when action is blocked on Instagram? How to fix action blocked Instagram problem? I’ll be answering all of these questions and more.
In our previous guide, we have shown you how to fix Your account has been disabled for violating our terms Instagram issue. Now in this tutorial, we’re going to share everything you need to know about unblocking action blocked on Instagram error.
If your actions have been blocked on Instagram, fret not as we today will help you through it and let you know how to fix Instagram action blocked problem. So, let’s begin.
What Does Action Blocked on Instagram Mean?
Simply put, if Instagram’s algorithm detects a profile is engaged in suspicious or spammy activities, it will block the profile from being able to like, follow, comment or direct message people. And you will get the Action Blocked error message saying:
This action was blocked. Please try again later. We restrict certain content and actions to protect our community. Tell us if you think we made a mistake.
It is Instagram’s way of punishing profiles that engage in malicious activities which is fair in a way because they want to prevent people from spamming others on Instagram and misusing any Instagram features.
Why is My Action Blocked on Instagram?
There are many reasons which can cause the Action Blocked on Instagram error. If you are thinking “Why am I blocked from commenting, liking, or messaging on Instagram?” then these below mentioned Instagram action blocked reasons might help you in understanding the situation. Here we go:
- Aggressively following and unfollowing peoples as a way to increase your followers.
- Using third-party apps to get likes or followers.
- Using third-party follow-unfollow programs.
- Posting the same content, again and again, multiple times.
- Liking too many pictures in a very short span of time.
Addition to the above mentioned Instagram action blocked reasons, some other general reasons for being flagged on Instagram are:
- Having an incomplete and unverified profile.
- Not having enough posts on your profile.
- Publishing too many posts at the same time.
- Mentioning other users on your handle too many times.
- Not following Instagram’s community guidelines.
How to Fix Action Blocked on Instagram
Since now we know what does it mean when action is blocked on Instagram and what are the probable reasons behind Instagram action blocked. So now let’s move towards the solutions which will help you in getting rid of the action blocked Instagram follow and action blocked Instagram like situations.
Here we have mentioned the five most efficient ways to remove action blocked problem in Instagram. Try out all these below-explained methods one by one in order to unblock action blocked on Instagram social networking site:
Method 1: Use Another Device and Switch to Mobile Data
In most of the cases, when Instagram blocks an account, it blocks the IP address and not your account. So before doing anything, try using your Instagram account on a different device or simply reboot your device and start using Instagram with mobile data to check if you are able to solve action blocked problem in Instagram.
Method 2: Stop All Instagram Activities and Wait for 24-48 Hours
Sometimes, your Instagram account isn’t banned completely but partially. In such cases, you should stop all activities on Instagram for 24 to 48 hours. No liking, no commenting, no interacting with anyone on Instagram.
In simple words, take a sabbatical from your Instagram account for 24 to 48 hours and check back after the period to see if action blocked on Instagram error is resolved.
Method 3: Uninstall Third-party Apps
Unlink your Instagram account from the third-party apps (apps to get followers on Instagram without following, apps to get likes on Instagram for free, and Instagram auto comments app) you were using and uninstall them right away as that is what may have caused the Instagram action blocked issue and if you don’t stop using such apps then you will face a larger permanent ban down the line.
According to many Instagram users, using Instagram followers apps and third-party apps to unfollow non-followers are some of the biggest culprits that might cause your Instagram action blocked.
Method 4: Link Your Instagram Account to Other Social Networks
If Instagram assumes that your account is a bot or just another spam account then they might block your actions on Instagram. However, if you link your other legitimate other social networking accounts with your Instagram account then Instagram will acknowledge that you are a real person and your account is genuine and that may lead to unblocking action blocked on Instagram.
Follow these below-explained steps and learn how to link other social networks on Instagram:
Step (1): At first, go to your profile and tap on the three horizontal lines symbol.
Step (2): Next, tap on the Settings > Account > Linked Accounts option.
Step (3): Finally, tap on the Facebook or Twitter and then enter your login info.
Once you have linked your Instagram account with other social networks, close the app and restart your device and then wait for a few hours then check if Instagram action blocked issue is resolved.
Method 5: Report This Problem to Instagram
If all the above-explained solutions to unblock action blocked on Instagram doesn’t work then you should move forward and report this problem on Instagram as a last resort.
If you think you haven’t done anything out of Instagram’s community guidelines then you could appeal to Instagram. Yes, it’s true! That’s why they have provided the “Tell Us” option along with the Action Blocked error message so that you can write about the mistake to Instagram.
It’s very easy to report a problem to Instagram. In order to report Instagram action blocked problem, follow these steps:
Step (1): At first, go to your profile and tap on the three horizontal lines symbol.
Step (2): Next, tap on the Settings > Help > Report a Problem option.
Step (3): Again, tap on the Report a Problem option and then let them know about your action blocked issue.
Step (4): Once you have explained your problem to Instagram, tap on the Submit button.
After reporting the problem to Instagram, do nothing and wait for their answer. They might reconsider your case and unblock your actions on Instagram. This method (report a problem to Instagram) may take time but in most cases, it leads to removing action blocked on Instagram.
How to Avoid Getting Action Blocked on Instagram
So now you know everything about action blocked issue, from the reasons of action blocked on Instagram to how to fix action blocked Instagram problem. But we should also get familiar with how to avoid getting action blocked on Instagram.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind if you wish to avoid getting your action blocked on Instagram. Here we go:
- Stop using third-party apps that use the Instagram API to manipulate your account. Instagram is extremely strict about auto likes and comments, and getting followers from unusual sources. So don’t use any third-party apps to get more followers on Instagram fast and free.
- Reduce the number of actions you perform on your Instagram account. Stop aggressively liking multiple pictures, posting the same comment repeatedly. Don’t go beyond the Instagram follow limit per hour and per day.
- Have a complete Instagram profile with no column left blank. If you want the trust of Instagram then add a proper bio, email address, and phone number to your Instagram profile. As we have explained above, link other social networks like Facebook or Twitter to your Instagram account.
We hope this detailed Instagram action blocked guide here has perfectly explained to you why action blocked on Instagram error occurs, how you can deal with it and how you can avoid action blocked Instagram follow and action blocked Instagram like issues in the future.
If you have any more questions regarding how to fix action blocked Instagram problem, feel free to let us know in the comments below and we shall certainly help you out.
You may also be interested in checking out:
- How to Delete Multiple Photos on Instagram at Once
- How to Save Instagram Photos on PC, Android, and iPhone
- How to Upload Pictures to Instagram from PC
- How to Download Videos from Instagram on Android
- 500 Best Instagram Bios and Funny Instagram Status Ideas
- 200+ Funny Instagram Bios and Best Status for Instagram
- How to Find Out Who Unfollowed You on Instagram
- 300+ Best Instagram Bio Ideas and Status for Instagram
- Top 12 Best Torrent Search Engines that Still Works 100%
- How to Download Embedded Videos from Any Websites Online