“Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from ….. (for example, password, messages, or credit cards)”
Are you repeatedly facing the privacy error Your connection is not private in Google Chrome browser?
Seeing a full-page error message saying “Your connection is not secure” while you try connecting to a secure website?
If yes then I can truly understand your situation because I have also faced this chrome privacy error connection is not private a week ago while browsing the Web.
Since the Internet fraud and cyber crime are some of the most common things these days. So, we all care about our privacy too much and always want to protect our personal information from the envy eyes.
This is the main reason, whenever we see the privacy error in chrome like Your connection to this site is not secure or Your connection is not private or Your connection is not secure etc. then we feel scared and want to fix it as soon as possible.
Last week, when I tried to log into my Fiverr account using Google Chrome web browser, I received following privacy error message:
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.fiverr.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
After lots of reading and hours of searches on the internet, I got the actual reason behind Your connection is not private chrome error and how to remove privacy error in google chrome. Here’s the detail information:
What is “Your connection is not private” Error in Google Chrome?
Basically, “Your connection is not private” or “Net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID” error appears on screen due to the SSL error. SSL (secure sockets layer) is used by the Websites to keep all the information you enter on their pages private and secure.
If you are getting the SSL error Net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID in Google Chrome browser, it means your Internet connection or your computer is preventing Chrome from loading the page securely and privately.
I hope, now you are well familiar with – what is an SSL connection error? Now, let’s know Why SSL error or “Your connection is not private” error occurs in Google Chrome?
Why SSL errors occur?
There is various reason of SSL errors occurrence, but some of the most important reasons why SSL warnings occur are:
- The certificate is not issued by a recognized third part: Certificate creation is not a tough job, anyone can easily create SSL certificate. That’s why Google Chrome examines to see whether a site’s certificate came from a trusted organization or not. If the site’s certificate is not detected from a trusted organization then Google Chrome can’t provide the access.
- The site’s certificate is not up-to-date: In case, the site’s certificate is from a trusted organization but not up-to-date from a long time then Google Chrome cannot verify that the site is still secure and private.
- The connection between the browser and the website might not be secure: Sometimes, it happens due to the unsecured combination of the Internet connection between the browser and the website.
So now, if you are quite clear with the terms – what is an SSL connection error? And why SSL error or privacy error Chrome connection is not private occurs? It’s time to check out Your connection is not private fix and different solutions.
How to Fix Your connection is not private Chrome Error
The best thing is, you haven’t to go through any complex process or change too many things for solving Your connection is not private Chrome error. Only you have to check and fix all those issues due to which your Internet Connection or your computer is stopping Google Chrome browser from loading the page privately and securely. Here’s how to do so:
Method 1: Check the Date and Time
In most of the cases, computer’s inaccurate date and time are the biggest reason of an SSL error or “Your connection is not secure/private” error message.
So, if you want to get rid of Google Chrome Your connection is not private error message then update your Computer’s date and time. Once you have corrected the date and time on your PC, you will not face this privacy error again.
Method 2: Temporarily Turn Off Your Antivirus Software
If your computer’s date and time are up to date, but still you are facing the privacy error Your connection is not private then you need to check the antivirus software installed on your computer.
Sometimes antivirus programs block the website’s security certificate and in the result, you face connection is not private error on Web browsers. Here’s how to turn off antivirus software temporarily:
- If you have installed the Avast Free Antivirus to protect your PC then you will have to turn off HTTPS scanning in Avast. To do so, go to Settings > Active Protection > Web Shield > Customize, and finally uncheck the “Enable HTTPS scanning” box.
- If you are using Bitdefender Antivirus Software to get the best real-time security for your PC then you need to turn off SSL scan. To do this, firstly open the main interface of Bitdefender and then go to Settings (which is located at upper right corner). Now from there, click on Privacy Control > Antiphishing tab > turn OFF the Scan SSL. That’s it.
After temporarily turning off your antivirus program, try browsing the site in Google Chrome. This time, you won’t face privacy error Your connection is not private Chrome. Also, turn your antivirus program back on when you’re done.
Method 3: Clean Google Chrome Browser
If above-mentioned privacy error solutions don’t work for you then somehow cleaning the junk from Google Chrome browser can help you. In order to remove Chrome cache, history, and other browser data follow these steps:
- First of all, go to Settings > Show advanced settings > Clear browsing data under Privacy options.
If clearing browsing data doesn’t help then you can reset Chrome browser settings to the default browser settings too. To reset your Chrome browser settings:
- Firstly, click on the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings > Reset settings > Reset button.
Method 4: Proceed to the Site
If you’re sure that the site you attempting to login is secured then you should proceed to the site. Because, if Google Chrome says that the security certificate is from the same domain you are attempting to login, it means there is nothing to worry about when the error appears.
- To proceed, firstly click on the “Advanced” link.
- After that click on “Proceed to <website link> (unsafe)” link.
You may also be interested in checking out:
- How to Fix Error “Unable to connect to the proxy server” in Chrome
- How to Fix “This webpage has a redirect loop” Error in Google Chrome
Method 5: Prevent Warning Message
In case, if you want to prevent Your connection is not private warning message then you can easily set to prevent warning for a particular period. To prevent warning in Chrome:
- First of all, type chrome://flags in the chrome address bar and then press Enter.
- Now scroll down towards the bottom and find “Remember decisions to proceed through SSL errors for a specified length of time.” option.
- Once you find it, now from the drop-down menu select the desired setting according to your wish.
- After selecting, whenever next time you receive the “Your connection is not private” error in Chrome then select Advanced > “Proceed to <website link> (unsafe)“.
Once you completed these steps successfully, you won’t be interrupted with the Google Chrome Your connection is not private error message again for the selected time period (the preventing time you selected from the drop-down menu).
Important Note: Apply this method (Method 5: Prevent Warning) only if you’re sure that the websites you are attempting to login is secured and will not make any disturbance of the Internet connection between the browser and the website.
How to Fix “Your connection is not private” Error on Android
If you have successfully solved Your connection is not private Chrome error on your desktop computer or laptop but you don’t have any idea that how to fix Google Chrome Your connection is not private on Android devices then you might feel a little worried.
But don’t worry, the methods to bypass Your connection is not private net::err_cert_authority_invalid chrome error in Android devices are not too much different from the methods for the computer. Follow this step by step guide and make your connection private on Google Chrome very easily:
Lots of Android users find this SSL connection error solving guide helpful for them and perfectly solved Your connection is not private error on Android phone and tablet.Try out and let us know your point of view.
Thus, you can see how simple is to fix “Your connection is not private” error in Google Chrome. Apply these methods one by one on your Computer and let us know which method worked extremely well for you.
Feel free to let us know using the comment section below if you have another helpful Your connection is not private fix and solutions.
Please don’t miss to read these awesome Google Chrome tricks:
- Top 5 Methods to Make Google Chrome Faster
- How to Fix Google Chrome High CPU Usage
- How to Enable Cookies in Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari
- How to Set Parental Controls on Google Chrome Browser
- How to Enable Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome